Transportation Engineering and Science Program
Frank J. Richter Scholarship - The American Association of Railroad Superintendents
The American Association of Railroad Superintendents (AARS) is pleased to announce the availability of annual scholarships for eligible college or university students enrolled at an accredited college or university in the United States or Canada.
To be eligible for consideration, an applicant must:
Amount of Scholarship Award - $1,000
Scholarship funds, awarded annually, are sent to the Financial Aid Office at each recipient's institution at the beginning of the Fall Term of his/her second year of study.
Application Deadline - Applications, transcripts, narrative and reference letters must be sent to the President of the AARS and postmarked no later than July 7, 2015 for consideration for the following Fall Term. Applications are available through the AARS web site, www.railroadsuperintendents.org.
- Be enrolled at the time of application as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited college or university. Preference will be given to those applicants enrolled in the transportation field and all applicants will be considered.
- Demonstrate successful completion of the previous year's study by maintaining at least a 2.75 accumulated grade point average on a scale of 1 to 4 with an "A" equal to 4.
- Accumulate enough credits from accredited school(s) in time for the Fall Semester to have obtained at least a sophomore level standing at the college or university of enrollment.
GRADUATE RESEARCH AWARDS For Applied Research in Public-Sector Airport-Related Aviation Issues
May 29, 2014
- Up to 10 awards of $10,000 each for one year.
- Sponsored by U.S. DOT Federal Aviation
Administration, administered by the Transportation
Research Board's ACRP and managed by Virginia
Space Grant Consortium.
- Cover Page Form from Sponsored Program Office
- Electronic plus 1 Hard Copy Submission
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Research Advisor Statement
- Official Transcripts
- Research Proposal
- Writing Sample
- Open to students who are U.S. or Canadian
citizens, permanent residents, or current student visa holders.
- Must be enrolled full-time in a graduate degree program at an accredited
institution of higher learning during the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Winners present final research papers at Transportation
Research Board Annual Meeting.
- Papers are considered for publication as part of the
Compendium of Papers for the meeting, and considered
for publication in the Transportation Research Record.
INQUIRIES DIRECTED TO:
- Virginia Space Grant Consortium - ACRP@odu.edu
(757) 766-5210 (e-mail is preferable)
Transportation Engineering Openings at CDM Smith in Atlanta, Raleigh, and Charleston
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.